Introduction: Your brain is much better than you think.
The IQ was originated by Alfred Binet (1857-1911) to measure, objectively, comprehension, reasoning and judgment.
Debunked by Frames of Mind (1983), psychologist Howard Gardner introduced the theory of Multiple Intelligences, which posts that each of us possesses at least seven measurable intelligences.
1. Logical Mathematical
2. Verbal -Linguistic
3. Spatial – Mechanical
5. Bodily Kinesthetic
7. Intrapersonal (self-knowledge)
Brain is flexible:
– Will improve with age.
– Located in cell through the body
– Unlimited number of synaptic connections.
Leonardo’s Role model: Leon Battista Alberti (1404-1472, You need a model to follow.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A MODERN RENAISSANCE MAN OR WOMAN
– Computer literate
– Mentally literate, understand human mind.
– Globally aware: Comfortable with different cultures
An insatiably curious approach to life and an unrelenting quest for continuous learning.
Ask yourself how curious you are. When was the last time you sought knowledge simply for the pursuit of truth?
You can, like Da Vinci, facilitate curiosita by keeping a notebook or journal:
– Collect info from Internet
– A hundred questions.
– Top ten questions.
– Continuous Learning.
A commitment to test knowledge through experience, persistence, and a willingness to learn from mistakes.
– What makes a teacher great?
More than anything else, it is the ability to help the student learn from himself.
Are you an independent Thinker?
When was the last time you changed a deeply held belief?
Learn from Mistakes: – What’s the biggest mistake you ever made.
– What mistakes do you repeat?
– What role does the dear of making mistakes play in your daily life, at work and at home?
– I feel
Be willing to make lots of Mistakes.
– Immersion course.
– Learn related phrases.
– Build your lexico.
Leonardo’s acute observation led him to practical understanding of the art of getting along with others.
– When you ask for feedback, be sure to listen carefully.- don’t explain, justify or argue.
DIMOSTRAZIONE FOR PARENTS
The world CONFIDENCE comes from the roots fidere “to trust”, and “with”. Condidence, trust in oneself and one’s abilities, is the secret of succes.
The joy of life: I feel deserving happiness.
Self-Actualization: I trust my inner self. I allow myself to feel my feelings.
Learn from Anti-role models: Make a list of 3 people who have made mistakes that you would like to avoid.
3. Sensazione: The continue refinement of the senses, especially sight, as the means to enliven experience
Saper Verdere. (knowing how to see) ” All our knowledge has its origin in our perceptions”, ” The five senses are the ministers of the soul”
Vision: Looking and Seeing: – Eye palm exercise.
– Focus near and far.
– Soft Eyes.
Visualize your day — The ability to visualize a desired outcome is built into your brain, and your brain is designed to help you succeed in matching that picture with your performance.
– Keep your visualization possible
– Distinguish in between fantasy and visualization.
– Make your visualization multi-sensory
Listening and Hearing: – Layered listening: Enjoy a few dull deep exhalations.
– Listen for silence
– Practice Silence
– Study the lives and work of your favorite composers and musical artists.
1. Bach: Mass in B. Minor
2. Beethoven: Synphony # 9
3. Mozart: Requiem
4. Chopin: Nocturnes
5. Brahms: German Requien.
6. Mahler: Symphony # 6
7. R Strauss: Four last songs.
8. Debussy: Preludes
9. Stravinsky: The rite of spring
10. Verdi: Aida/Puccini: La Boheme
Olfactory Cornucopia: Study aromatherapy
Touching and Feeling: Synesthetic awareness.
4. SFUMATO: A willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox and uncertainty
Make friends with Ambiguity.
In your notebook, list and briefly describe three situations from your life past or present where ambiguity reigns.
Cultivate confusion endurance
– joy and Sorrow: Think of saddest moments of your life.
– intimacy and independence: 3 of your strengths as a person.
– Good and evil: how can I recognize and accept your own prejudice, hate, anger, jealousy, emvy, greed, pride and sloth without acting them.
– Change and Constancy.
– Humility and Pride.
– Goals and Process
– Life and Death.
TRUST YOUR GUT: Bring more attention to your every day hunches and intuitions. Try writing them down in your notebook and then checking your accuracy.
5. Arte/Scienza: The development of the balance between Science and Art, Logic and imagination “whole brain” thinking.
The term left brained and right brained came into popular parlance throught the Noble price Roger Sperry.
Arte/scienza and You: The method to cultivate a synergy between arte and sciencia is Mind-mapping
1. Begin your mind map with a symbol or figure.
2. Write down keywords.
3. Connect the key words with lines radiating from your central image.
4. Print your key words.
5. Print ONE keyword per line
6. Print the keywords on the lines and make the length of the word the same as the line it is on.
7. Use colors, pictures, dimensions, and codes for greater association and emphasis.
6. Corporalita: The cultivation of Grace, ambidexterity, fitness and Poise
– Beware of anger and avoid grievous moods.
– Rest your head and keep your mind cheerful.
– Be covered well at night.
– Exercise Moderately.
– Shun wantonness, and pay attention to diet.
– Eat only when you want and sup light
– Keep upright when you rise from the dining table.
– Do not be with the belly upwards or the head lowered.
– Eat simple food.
– Chew well
– Go to the toilet regularly
– Develop a fitness program
– Aerobic Condition
– Strength Training
– Flexibility exercises.
MAKE A MIND MAP OF YOUR LIFE.
7. Connessione: A recognition of and appreciation for the Interconnectedness of all things are phenomena.
– I am ecologically aware.
– I enjoy similies, analogies, and metaphor
– I frequently make connections that other people don´t see
– When I travel, I am struck more by people’s similarities than their differences.
– My life goals and priorities are formulated clearly and integrated with my values and sense of purpose.
– I sometimes experience a sense of connectedness with all creation.
S SPECIFIC. Define exactly what you want to accomplish.
M MEASURE. Decide how to measure your progress.
A ACCOUNTABILITY. Be personal responsible for achieving your goals.
R REALISTIC AND RELEVANT. Set goals that are ambitious.
T TIME LINE. Create a clear time line for the achievement of your goals.
“did you know that 60% of your receptos for kinesthetic awareness are locanted in the neck?”